Friday, December 23, 2011

Execrise 5: Free Associating from Random Sentences

So this exercise is to take a sentence from the last exercise and go with it free associating nonstop for 20 minutes. So here I go!

--------

See that house over there? Let me tell you... Oh! The things that go on in that house! Terrible things, things with alcohol, things with drugs, perverse things, things on people, things involving costumes, things that barely make sense, things within things! I can't wait to go back next week!

I hope no one at work will ever find out about it though. I mean, I have a reputation to keep after all. My den of villainy is more of a Denny's or at its worst a House of Pancakes. What would my mother say if she ever found out! My dad wouldn't give a crap but mom that's a whole other story. I don't know how she wouldn't find out I mean she does own the house after all.

In retrospect this is more of a grandaunt sort of thing. The family has certainly spread enough stories about her to fill a massive tome of indecency, but from the sound of most of their tales they are probably just a bunch of guilty anecdotes about themselves projected onto her as a convenient scapegoat. The woman I knew was a saint, sure there was a dirty joke or baudy tale every now and then but I couldn't imagine anyone more tamer in her.

--------

Wow, this took some work to accomplish. I got a microphone set up to dictate what I say and it's quite a challenge to use. I'm sure if I typed it out normally I could have gotten more down but I plan on using the microphone more often. It was more battling the speech-to-text functionality than story writing but I find that just plain typing and dictating the story is quite different in itself.

No comments: